My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'll admit, I've never had a bad chocolate chip cookie...not ever. Some are definitely better then others, even those break apart pre-made ones in the store can make even the cloudiest of days seem brighter. After testing so many recipes, I have stumbled upon my most favorite, it is thin, crispy around the edge, soft, gooey, chewy, center. Can I just say that there is not many things better then a warm, gooey, chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven...it's comfort, it's joy, it's a big ole hug. Give these a try.
recipe by Ina Garten

2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs room temperature
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups chocolate chunks (I have used chips, it's fine, but chunks are better)
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cream butter and sugars using an electric mixer using a paddle attachment, until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix well, add vanilla.
Sift together the flour, baking soda and the salt. Add the the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Mix in chocolate chunks by hand.

Drop onto a parchment lined baking sheet using a 1 3/4 inch ice cream scoop, or a rounded tablespoon. Bake for exactly 15 minutes. Cookies may look slightly underdone. Remove from oven. let cool on cookie sheet a few minutes then remove to a cooling rack.



Do you feel it? comfort? joy? a big ole hug?
 mmmm, makes you wanna lick the plate....maybe I did. You'll never know.

Leon loves hanging out with mommy in the kitchen. I love his company.

No comments:

Post a Comment