Banana Bread

It is rare that I do not have overripe bananas sitting on my counter. I buy the greenest I can find and they just turn faster then we eat them. I freeze a lot of them for smoothies but the others end up banana bread. I probably make banana bread every other week. My kids love it for breakfast, dessert, midday snack. I have tried so many recipes, I have narrowed it down to 2 favorites. Today I am sharing one of them. It's moist and delicious, it's a slice of comfort, oh and  your house will smell heavenly while it's baking. Enjoy.

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3 large mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir until just moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan,
Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack.

*If you like nuts, add them.

No comments:

Post a Comment