Strawberry Oatmeal Bars

These bars are so delicious. I got a thumbs up from a handful of hungry children after camp today. One little girl even asked me for the recipe. They could not be easier to make either. I hope you make these.

Recipe by The Pioneer Woman

1 3/4 sticks unsalted butter, diced (I used 2 sticks and they turned out fine)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups quick oats
1 packed cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 (10-12 ounce) jar strawberry preserves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl combine the butter and all the dry ingredients, using a pastry cutter or your fingers mix until it becomes combined. Press 1/2 the mixture into the bottom of a greased 13X9 inch pan. Spread the preserves on top then sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture on top of the jam and press slightly. Bake until light brown, 30-40 minutes. Let cool, then cut into squares.



2 comments:

  1. made these yesterday - you inspired me! They were SO good! The whole fam loved them. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen, so glad they liked them. I love easy recipes that are so yummy.

    ReplyDelete