Mac and cheese

I was so intrigued when I saw this recipe for 5 minute mac and cheese. My middle rascal would eat mac and cheese 3 meals a day, everyday if he could. I am so glad I made it, he LOVED this. Of course you need to have some already cooked noodles ready in your frig to cut down the prep time. I read some reviews of people that said their cheese was dry and got all hard. I used a little prepackaged shredded and freshly grated, I didn't have any problems. I also think whole milk is key, for the creaminess factor, also you really have to stir it good, like..really good. Twice.

Recipe by Jenny at Picky Palate

2 cups cooked pasta of choice
1 cup whole milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 tsp salt (I used seasoning salt, I love it in mac n cheese)
1/2 tsp black pepper

Place all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and stir. Cover with plastic wrap and cook for 3 minutes. Stir really good and cover and cook again for an additional 2 minutes (I did 3). Stir until all the cheese is melted and creamy. Serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment