Twix Caramel Popcorn

I've been looking for different ways to embellish my popcorn ever since purchasing my whirley pop. Caramel popcorn was something I wanted to try. but then I stumbled upon this recipe on Two Peas and Their Pod. All I can say...dear.Lord.

5 quarts plain air popped popcorn
1 cup butter
2 cups light brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
20 "fun size" twix candy bars cut up
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips melted to drizzle over popcorn (I used bittersweet)

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place popcorn in bowl and set aside.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring for 4 minutes.Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla. Drizzle caramel over popcorn. Stirring to coat. Gently stir until it is all coated. Place popcorn on two large baking sheets and bake in a preheated oven stirring every 15 minutes, for about and hour. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
Break popcorn into pieces and toss in chopped twix bars, drizzle with melted chocolate. Let sit for about 30 minutes or until chocolate has hardened. Store in air tight container. (If it makes it that far)



I dare you to wait til that chocolate hardens...not gonna happen folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment