Ina's Apple Crisp

Hey friends, I wanted to repost one of my favorite recipes because it is so delicious and yummy and we are in the middle of apple season and I don't want you to miss out on this winning recipe. Seriously. Enjoy.


I have spoken before of my love of Ina Garten, let me just tell you this recipe is NO JOKE! It is THE BEST APPLE CRISP....EVER! I am not kidding, just stop searching, it stops here, your done. your good. It's easy and it's the best. The End.

5 pounds McIntosh or Macoun apples (I used all kinds of apples, 5 pounds is about 10 large apples)
grated zest of 1 lemon
grated zest of 1 orange
2 Tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg

For the topping
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 pound cold unsalted butter, diced

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 by 13 dish.
Peel, core and cut the apples into large wedges. Combine the apples with the zests, juices, sugar, and spices. Pour into dish.

To make the topping, combine the flour, sugars, salt, oatmeal, and cold butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until the mixture is crumbly and the butter is the size of peas. Scatter evenly over the apples.

Place the crisp on a sheet pan and bake for 1 hour until the top is brown and the apples are bubbly. Serve warm.





Trust me it is perfection at this stage, right here....but you could add a little somethin else to take it over the top.
Like a scoop of home made vanilla ice cream, that's how I roll.

1 comment:

  1. Okay seriously? I'm dying. And, for the record, you HAVE to have vanilla ice cream with apple crisp. Part of the rules. I think I'd have to half the recipe (I'm the only one in my fam who will touch "cooked" apples)....but then again, maybe I can have it for breakfast all week long?? ;)

    ReplyDelete