Roasted Brussel Sprouts

I have been eating A LOT of brussel sprouts lately. Costco sells a large bag of fresh brussels and we have been eating them at least once a week for over a month. I adore them. And anyone who says they hate them I want to snatch you up and serve you these roasted brussels. Actually, this is how I prepare all of my vegetables. This is how I have gotten my kids to eat vegetables...or at least try them. Roasting vegetables brings out the natural sugars and the high temps actually causes them to, shall I say, caramelize? This is the most basic. Try them this way first, then if you like them, add bacon, or a little bit of balsamic reduction....ridiculous I tell you. Roast your vegetables my friends, it's life changing!

Brussels, trimmed and outer leaves removed. If they are large I cut them in half
extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt
fresh ground pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Drizzle your trimmed brussels with EVOO and salt and pepper, toss with hands to evenly coat. Roast in oven for about 20-25 minutes. They will start to get brown around the edges. Don't panic, that's what you want..that's the good stuff.

Enjoy.

Use this same process for any vegetables.


No comments:

Post a Comment