Peanut Butter and Jelly Shortbread Bars

I'm not really a fan of peanut butter and jelly "desserts" I like my peanut butter and jelly smeared between 2 pieces of whole wheat bread. That's about it, but I stumbled upon this recipe and it looked simple, and fast and I had the ingredients on hand, and you all know I love shortbread....I am so glad I tried this recipe, it is REALLY yummy. I will definitely be making these again.

Recipe by Picky Palate

4 sticks softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup strawberry jam
1 cup powdered sugar
4-5 Tbsp heavy cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Slowly add the flour and salt, mix until just combined. Wrap 1/2 shortbread up in plastic wrap and store in frig for another time. Prepare and 8X8 inch pan by lining with foil sprayed with nonstick spray.
Press the other 1/2 of shortbread evenly into prepared pan. In a microwave safe bowl melt the peanut butter until it is pourable, (about 20 seconds) Pour evenly over shortbread. Do the same with the jam. Using a butter knife swirl the peanut butter and jam around making sure to cover all the shortbread, without cutting into the dough. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Cut into bars. In a separate bowl combine the heavy cream and powdered sugar. Drizzle over bars just before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment