Eme turns six and butter cream frosting

Yesterday our youngest rascal, Emerson turned six. It was a special day and he was up bright and early (5:00 am) to start celebrating. He requested a chocolate cake with orange icing but he did not want it to be a basketball and no other decorations, "just orange icing mom." He picked his favorite pizza joint to eat at for dinner. Dad and Pop Pop brought him chick fil a at school for lunch and Pop Pop stopped by to throw his new football with him. Before he went to bed he hugged me and told me it was the best day ever. I squeezed him a little tighter and a little longer and buried my nose into his head and inhaled all the 6 yr old smells that I could. Don't you wish you could freeze certain moments?
 We now officially own every.single. nerf gun ever made. Ever. You think I'm kidding don't you..

 this is a very intense stance and face. Next Eli Manning? a mom can dream...
 As I've said before my kids don't "do" shirts.




 Below is the vanilla butter cream recipe I use for cakes, it's delicious and it's forgiving, oh and it has butter, what else do you need?  Enjoy.

4 sticks butter softened (not melted, it must be soft, I leave out on counter for about 2 hours)
6-8 cups sifted powdered sugar (it's important to sift your sugar to prevent any lumps) start with 6 cups and it may be sweet enough, I tend to go on the lower end of the sugar.
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
up to 8 Tbsp heavy cream or milk

Using a mixer with the paddle attachment mix butter for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Turn mixer on low and slowly add the powdered sugar. Once incorporated, turn mixer to medium and add salt, vanilla and cream. add cream by the Tbsps until you get desired consistency.

 butter is beautiful.


1 comment:

  1. What great photographs and what a special day you gave E. I, too, often want to freeze time and cherish specific moments. Thank you for posting such wonderful captured images! Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete