White Chocolate Bars


This week I took the kids to the library because it is SO HOT here. We still have a few more weeks until school starts and they are bored, and I am running out of ideas. So off to the library we go because it is FREE and it is air conditioned :) Once they are settled I run over to the new fiction releases and the cookbooks!! My eyes were immediately drawn to this.




I remembered seeing this Bakery on our last trip to New York City in Chelsea Market (where Food Network is located).  If your ever in New York City I highly recommend stopping by and checking it out. Some of the cities best eats is located all inside this one building! Anyway back to the book! I will be testing many recipes as they all look delicious but today I decided on these....



You see I am and white chocolate fan, there I said it. I am not ashamed. I adore it. So when I saw this recipe I knew I must make these.  They were easy, and they are delicious! They remind me very much of the ever so popular Mrs. Paula Deen's Ooey Gooey butter cakes. Crisp top layer, ooey, gooey center. Will definitely make these again. Here are my pics and the recipe below.



6 ounces coarsely chopped white chocolate or 3/4 cup high quality white chocolate chips

5 TBSP unsalted butter

2 large eggs

1 cup sugar

1 tsp pure vanilla extract

1 cup unbleached flour

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

Grease a 9 inch baking pan with butter. Dust with flour and tap out excess. Preheat oven to 350.

Melt the white chocolate chips and the butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly to make sure it doesn't burn. Remove from the heat before its completely melted and continue stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool.

Beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla together in a large bowl until smooth. Add the white chocolate mixture and mix until well combined.

Measure the flour, baking powder,and salt and sift together directly into the batter. Mix until well combined and no trace of the dry ingredients remains. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan.

Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is light golden brown and cracked. Turn the oven off, leaving the pan inside for 8 more minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center and it should be clean or have a few crumbs.

Cool on rack for 1 hour. Cut just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment