Letting go...


This week was another milestone. This summer he learned to swim, and he learned to ride a bike, it was huge! He is my youngest of three boys, he is five...he is my baby. This week he left me for kindergarten. I was not sure how I was going to react,  I daydreamed about the few extra hours of alone time I would gain EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. More time to clean, bake, run errands, catch up with friends, worship my God, get a part time job. But when I looked at him he seemed too little to leave my arms, too tiny and innocent to get on the big yellow bus. How would he find his classroom all by himself ?  How would he make friends on his own? He would get lost in that great big school! How will he find the bathrooms? Would he remember to wash his hands?
He, the five year old... my baby, informed me he would be fine. He was ready, he was excited, he jumped out of bed and got dressed on his own and got his own breakfast, he was ready for this adventure, so I had to let him go. I prayed for God to protect him and watch over him since I could not. I prayed for God to bring him back home safe to me. God listened. God is good.








No comments:

Post a Comment