Minestrone Verde

I am a soup gal. I could eat soup almost everyday. Throw in a piece of crusty bread, (because I love bread, more then I love chocolate) and I am good to go. This soup is so, so good. Please make it.

Recipe by Cat Cora

3 Tbsp olive oil
1 large onion chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
2 large celery stalks, chopped
7 c. chicken stock (I used 10)
2 cups diced zucchini
1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted, because they are awesome)
1 15 ounce can navy or northern beans
kale (I used about 2 large handfuls) chopped
salt/pepper to taste
1/2 c uncooked corkscrew or genelli pasta
3/4 cup pesto

In a large pot heat oil over med-low heat. Add onions, carrots, celery cook until veggies are soft but not brown, about 10 minutes. Pour in stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cook 9 minutes. Add zucchini, tomatoes, beans, and kale. Cook 5 minutes more. Bring to a boil stir in pasta, cook until al dente (7 minutes) Ladle soup into bowls, add a spoonful of pesto into each bowl on top of soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment