The best oatmeal raisin cookie recipe. ever.

Your going to be surprised. really. It's the recipe on the lid of the quaker oats container. It's THE BEST. I have made a few tiny provisions, to create a moist on the inside, crispy on the outside outrageous cookie. I am going to share my secrets with you and I promise if you try these tips you will be enjoying the most delicious oatmeal raisin cookie ever.

1 cup of butter, room temperature
1 cup of brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups old fashioned quaker oats
1 cup raisins
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream the butter and sugars with an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. In a separate bowl sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon, slowly add to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add oats, raisins, and pecans. mix until all incorporated.

Here's the secret, I use a large ice cream scoop for these cookies, and also my chocolate chip cookies. I love both of those cookies to be L A R G E. Invest in different size scoops so you can create perfectly shaped all the same size cookies. I actually only have two sizes, they are perfect for cookies, muffins, cupcakes. For this cookie the size I use is 2 1/2 inches. I scrape the scoop along the side of the bowl for a nice flat bottom and plop onto my parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for exactly 15 minutes. Cookies will look slightly underdone, don't worry, that's what you want. Cool on sheet for a few minutes them move to a cooling rack. Delicious. Another tip to ensure a perfect cookie is to chill your dough for a bit before baking.




The sizes I use are 2 1/2 inch and 1 3/4 inch.

No comments:

Post a Comment