Pumpkin Crunch

This is Paula Deen's Aunt Trina's recipe. Boy that's a mouthful! Did anyone see Paula on Dr. Oz this week? I LOVE her. I am SHOCKED she has smoked a pack and a half of cigarettes a day for 50 years!!! I pray Dr. Oz can help her. Anyway, that was random....I can honestly say I have never heard of a pumpkin crunch until a week ago and I knew I had to test this recipe. First off, it is easy, second, it's quick, and WOW is it yummy. It is rich and delicious and a great dish to put on your Thanksgiving buffet.

1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup sugar
3 eggs beaten
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
2 sticks butter cut into pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin, milk, cinnamon, sugar until well combined. Add the beaten eggs and mix well.
Pour into a greased 9X13 baking dish, sprinkle cake mix evenly over top, sprinkle chopped pecans and then the butter pieces. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Top with whip cream. Listen friends, make your own whip cream, seriously, it's 100 times better than that container stuff, it takes 3 minutes to whip up, seriously 3 minutes, I timed it :) I don't measure, and I like it on the sweet side. I do equal parts heavy cream and powdered sugar, whip it good! (80's throwback) Add a splash of vanilla, add a dash of cinnamon for your autumn recipes, delicious!
  I've mentioned before, my kids don't do nuts, this is how most of our desserts look. 1/2 and 1/2


1 comment:

  1. I am going to make this over the weekend...after I get through Stingerfest :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete