Pioneer Woman's Apple Fritters

So I could eat my weight in these things, actually I did eat my weight in these. Wow, that's all I can really say. They have apples in them..that makes them healthy....right?

Ingredients
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp sugar
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs
3/4 cup whole milk
2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp melted butter
2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
powdered sugar for dusting

In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
In a separate bowl beat eggs with a fork then add milk, melted butter and vanilla
Gently fold dry and wet ingredients together until just combined, (do not over mix). Fold in apples.

Heat a couple of inches of canola oil over medium heat. Test the heat by dropping a tiny bit of batter in and make sure it sizzles and starts to turn brown. My first few browned up quickly but were raw in the middle, I just turned down the heat and waited a bit, they cooked slower and longer but turned out perfect. Drop teaspoons of batter into the hot oil, turning them as they brown. They should cook about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes total. Drain on a paper towel. Dust generously with powdered sugar, serve warm.




No comments:

Post a Comment