Chicken Pot Pie
















When I think of comfort food, chicken pot pie comes to mind. I love one pot wonders, and since the veggies are all cooked together with the chicken I can get my kids to eat it because it all tastes the same! I have tried many recipes and adapted this one using ingredients I liked from each one. It's delicious.

*I use a rotisserre chicken for this recipe, it saves me so much time.

Ingredients

4 cups diced chicken
1 bag frozen soup mix veggies
1 cup diced potatoes
1/3 cup butter
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp celery seed
salt/pepper to taste
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
2 pre made refrigerated pie crusts

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Heat saute pan on medium heat. Melt butter add onions and potatoes and cook for 10 mins until tender. Stir in flour cook for about 2 min stirring constantly. Add broth, milk, cream, salt pepper, celery seed, chicken and veggies, reduce heat to med-low and simmer until thickened. Dump into a 13X9 baking dish. Top with 2 pie crusts, brush crusts with egg wash, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut slits to prevent bubbling over. Bake for 45 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment