Cheese ball

I never was a fan, I would pass right by the strange looking balls of cheese coated in stuff. That was until I met my husband and Christmas Eve his mom had one sitting out and he was gobbling it up like it was going out of style. I tried it, I was changed. I've made it ever since, for Christmas Eve. But its good any ole time. It's better then the ones you buy at the store, I promise. The recipe I'm sharing actually makes 2 large size cheese balls or 3 small.

2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese (let sit out to come to room temperature)
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
1 Tbsp chopped pimento
1 Tbsp chopped green pepper
1 Tbsp chopped onion
2 tsp worchestershire
1 tsp lemon juice
dash of cayenne pepper
dash of salt
ground pepper
chopped pecans

Combine softened cream cheese and cheddar mixing until well combined. (I use my hands) Add remaining ingredients except pecans. Mix well, chill. shape into 2-3 balls and roll in pecans. Serve with your favorite crackers.


1 comment: