Zucchini Coconut Bread

I cannot tell you how pleased I am about how this turned out. I was excited to use up the coconut oil I have stored in my pantry. The shredded coconut adds great texture and sweetness. The partial whole wheat flour gives it a nutty taste. I will definitely add this to my repertoire.

Recipe by Two Peas and Their Pod

3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (squeezed and drained in a paper towel)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, room temperature
1 large egg, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X5 inch loaf pan and set aside.

In a large bowl whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg.
In a separate large bowl, combine shredded zucchini, sugars, coconut oil, yogurt, egg, vanilla extract.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. Stir in shredded coconut. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove from pan and let cool completely.




No comments:

Post a Comment