I like Sloppy Joes...so what!

I do ya'll...like sloppy joes. There, I said it. It's out there for all to hear, err read. I don't make them all the time, but I make them. Especially a night like last night where it was cold, the kids had basketball practice, hubby was late from work, I did not feel like cooking. I wanted a glass of wine. I wanted to sit on the couch with a glass of wine and listen to nothing...so I made them, it was fast, easy and good. I do actually have 3 rules for my sloppy joes.
1. They MUST be served on a toasted bun...always.
2. They must be served with potato chips
2. They must be served with pickles.

I like this recipe...It's Pioneer Woman's. I've changed a few things to my liking. Enjoy.

2 pounds ground beef
1 small onion
1 green pepper (I had red...I used it)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1 cup water
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (I used a couple splashes tobasco instead)
salt, pepper to taste
couple splashes worcestershire
I added a tsp chili sauce
you could also add 2 Tbsp tomato paste (I did not)

Brown beef in a preheated skillet, drain fat. Add onions, green pepper, garlic. Cook until veggies are soft. Add rest of ingredients, stir to combine. Simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Spread rolls with butter on heat in a skillet until browned. Top with sloppy joe mixture.



No comments:

Post a Comment