My love of cupcakes.

I adore cupcakes! Anytime I am in a new city I hunt down the best cupcake shops and sample them out. They simply make me happy. Today I am sharing one of my favorite cupcake recipes. Enjoy!

Red Velevet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 stick room temperature butter
2 eggs, room temperature
2 1/3 cups cake flour
2 tbsp dutch-processed cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 tbsp. red food coloring
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp distilled white vinegar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat the butter and sugar in an electric mixxer for 3 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy.

Add eggs one at a time, beating until each is mixed well. In a seperate bowl sift together the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. In another bowl whisk together the buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla extract, and red food coloring.

Add a fouth of the dry ingredients and mix then a third of the wet. Continue adding dry, wet, dry etc. ending with the dry ingredients.

Scoop batter into cupcake liners (I use an ice cream scoop) about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 18-22 minutes.

Frosting

1 stick room temperature butter
8 oz of Philly cream cheese room temperature
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanillla extract

Whip together the butter and cream cheese until smooth slowly add the powdered sugar and vanilla continue whipping until light and smooth.

After cupcakes cool completely, dollop with frosting.


No comments:

Post a Comment